The base salary for recruit candidates starts at $37,440, which does not include higher education pay. After one year, the Police Officer will receive State Supplemental pay of $6,000 per year.
- Group health, dental and vision insurance is available.
- Free life insurance.
- State retirement program.
- Paid vacation.
- Compensatory Time/Overtime earned after 80 hours per pay period.
- Sick leave up to 365 days.
- 12 paid holidays per year.
- 20 days of military reserve paid leave.
- Uniforms, all duty gear and assigned equipment are provided by the Police Department. The Department also provides a $200 annual allowance for uniform maintenance.
- Deferred compensation plans are available.
- 1 year $25.00 per month
- 3-5 years $50.00 per month
- 5-9 years $75.00 per month
- 9-15 years $100.00 per month
- Over 15 years $150.00 per month
MONTHLY EDUCATION PAY
- 1-14 college hours $15.00 per month
- 15-29 college hours $25.00 per month
- 30-59 college hours $50.00 per month
- 60-89 college hours $75.00 per month
- 90+ college hours $100.00 per month
- Bachelors $150.00 per month
- Masters $200.00 per month