- Our Mayor
Staci Albritton Mitchell is a successful local business owner who was elected to the position of Mayor for the City of West Monroe, Louisiana in March 2018. She officially took office on July 1, 2018.
The Board of Alderman
Mayor Mitchell previously served as an Alderman for the City of West Monroe, beginning in August 2011 when she was appointed to fill an unexpired term. She was officially elected to the Board of Aldermen by the public in 2012 and was elected once again without opposition in 2014.
Committed to Our Community
In addition to serving as an Alderman, Mayor Mitchell has demonstrated her love of West Monroe by working tirelessly in our community. She recently served a two-year term as Chairman of the West Monroe-West Ouachita Chamber of Commerce.
Current & Past Commitments
- A past president of the Greater Ouachita Kiwanis Club
- A founding member of the Downtown West Monroe Revitalization Group
- A director of the West Monroe High School Foundation
- The past president of the Cancer Foundation League
- An active member of First United Methodist Church of West Monroe
- A board member for The Center for Families and Children
- A board member for Glenwood Regional Medical Center
- Member of West Monroe Quota Club
The Right Experience
More than 20 years of owning and running a successful small business combined with seven years of local government experience gives Mayor Mitchell the right experience to serve as Mayor of the City of West Monroe. She is not comfortable with the status quo and will work hard every day to make West Monroe a better place to live and do business.
Education & Family
Mayor Mitchell has a degree in Agricultural Economics from Louisiana State University. She is married to Jay Mitchell, an Assistant District Attorney for Ouachita Parish. They have four grown children.